Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thank you to my daughters...


For all of the memories this Mother's Day weekend. I would particularly like to thank Audrey for vomiting on my feet and wetting MY bed after sneaking in in the middle of the night. And of course I would like to thank Lillian for making me worry all week about constipation & then having the biggest diaper blow-out I've ever seen & getting it all over me this evening. 

Thankfully I'm not too squeamish!  We really have had a nice weekend though.  We've really had a great week overall.

Nana arrived last Saturday and was with us until Thursday. And Uncle Dave came for a few days as well.  We had a very nice visit.

Audrey had school two days this week and seemed quite happy about it.  She seems like she has a good time and gets along well with the other children.







Lillian is still growing rapidly - I wouldn't be surprised if she was 15 pounds.  She turned 3 months old this week.  Time is really flying by.  We did a little photo shoot for her birthday, and here are a couple of the photos:








This weekend Audrey had ballet/tap again.  When we were getting ready she told me that she "really, really loves" her ballet/tap class. The class is one of the highlights of my week, the kids are incredibly cute and just hysterical to watch. They are 3 to 5 year-olds, and Audrey is the youngest.  

After Audrey's class, Michael took her to get her first kite!  Then we went for a nice walk in the neighborhood, went to the playground & tried out the kite, then for ice cream on the walk home!





We had a nice rest at home and then we went for a hike on a trail I've really been wanting to check out. It's less than 10 minutes by car from our house, and it was really beautiful.  We enjoyed it so much that today we went for another hike on a different branch of the trail.  We also brought our little GPS and found some geocaches- Audrey enjoyed finding the treasures.


Checking out the waterfall and the only covered bridge in a major city in the U.S.:


 


Audrey's first geocache find:





Lillian just hanging out...she doesn't look too pleased here, but she does enjoy being out int he woods.

The nicest rest stop I've seen on a hike!  The Valley Green Inn, right beside the Wissahickon River.  And another opportunity for ice cream :)


Audrey's imagination is really in full swing now.  She likes to pretend to be different characters, and likes to include us, but she can play well on her own & carry on lengthy conversations with herself.  On our walk today she was being Goldilocks, and every bridge we went over had a grumpy old troll beneath it.  She's a good little hiker too, although she did have a little break riding on Michael's shoulders.

Happy mother's day to all the mothers, but especially to Baba & Nana! We love you!

And I am truly thankful for the girls that made me a mother- messiness, insanity and all.  The love and joy they give to me are immeasurable.



1 comment: