Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Old Country


I have brought the girls to "the old country" as my Baba used to say about the Ukraine.  It is Lillian's first trip to Canada and we are excited to be here!

We came up ahead of Michael who will be joining us on Friday after we've had a chance to spend some extra quality time with our Ontario family.  I will have my hands pretty full until he gets here, but I think it will be a fun week.

Audrey proved herself once again to be a wonderful traveler.  She was cheerful and cooperative.  Lillian slept much of the time, and also seemed to enjoy the ride as Audrey told me many times that she was actually awake and I just couldn't tell because she wasn't making any noise.  The trip was much shorter than the drive from Kentucky - probably 8 hours if I had been on my own, more like 10 hours with all the stops we had to make.
We did a little more exploring in our neighborhood and visited a nearby playground last Thursday.
This was Lillian's first time in a swing... I think she still needs to grow into it a little :)  I was scared to let go!



 And here is Audrey helping Avo in his garden.  He has a tiny backyard that he has taken full advantage of and has quite the vegetable garden.  Audrey really enjoyed helping and asked repeatedly if they could do it again.  Audrey really loves her Avo and has a lot of fun with him. 



I will have limited access to the internet while we are up here, but will try to take lots of photos.  Happy Victoria Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment