Friday, April 20, 2012

Growing Girls



It's hard to believe how big my girls are now.

Lillian is sleeping away peacefully, easy as usual.  I just put Audrey back to bed after she wandered into the living room half-asleep.  Carrying her back to her room and looking at her sleeping face, it was hard to believe that just a few years ago she was significantly smaller than Lillian is now.  The first photos are Audrey modeling her new outfit from Nana - thanks Nana :)   

Lillian had her 2 month check-up yesterday, and we took the opportunity during our wait for the doctor to get Audrey's measurements as well.  Lillian was quite a big bigger than I had estimated - she was 12.5 pounds and 22.5 inches long.  Audrey was just under 29 pounds, and 36.5 inches in shoes - she's getting so tall!  Even though Audrey is growing a lot, she is actually still between 10th to 25th percentile for height. 

We found out today that Audrey made her way off the wait-list for ballet at a local Arts center.  The first class is tomorrow morning, so we had a bit of a mad dash this afternoon trying to get her outfit together.  Audrey is very excited and wore her ballet outfit for most of the evening.  I was worried she wouldn't want to take it off for bed, but she was actually pretty reasonable about it.  I will definitely get a photo in the morning...it's not an official ballet outfit because of our time constraints, but I promised her we would get a skirt if she was good in class.  Speaking of Audrey being small - the bodysuit I got for her is supposed to be for 1 to 1.5 year-olds, but is actually big on her!  I'm very curious to see how she will do at the class, I hope she enjoys it.  One of her little friends is in the class already, so that may help.

We've had a good week so far.  We all walked up to Audrey's favorite playground yesterday evening.  It was perfect late-Spring weather.  Audrey had a great time running around, but we had to head home after she had a little accident on the swings...she was on the big kid swings and was lost focus and fell off.  I have an image in my brain of her in midair and both Michael and I trying to catch her (me wearing Lillian in the Baby Bjorn).  She face-planted in the mulch.  Luckily she wasn't going very quickly or very high on the swing.  But she was very tough and handled it well, I was proud of her.  Apart from licking Michael's sweater to get the mulch out of her mouth, she was fine :)

 Here are a couple photos of Lillian in her bath this evening:





I'm glad it's the weekend.  I will try to get some good photos of our adventures!

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful girls! Happy belated birthday,love caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little outfit from Nana...and the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete