Sunday, February 19, 2012

We've had quite a week!


After Lillian came home from the hospital on Tuesday, I realized that I wasn't feeling very well myself and wasn't recovering properly and I ended up being admitted back to the hospital for IV antibiotics.

Unfortunately, that meant that Michael had to go back to Philadelphia without us :( It began to seem like we were never going to be able to leave.

Lillian is doing really well now. At her follow-up from her hospital admission the pediatrician was very happy with her progress. She was 8 days old and already 4 ounces over her birth weight, which is excellent for a breastfed baby! Lillian is so easy so far - she eats and she sleeps quite well at night and sleeps quite happily in her bassinet, which Audrey never did.

I am also doing much better. I follow up with my doctor on Wednesday and we anticipate that I will be cleared to travel at that point.

With everything that has happened we decided that I would fly up with the girls on Friday. Although I'm glad to avoid the 13 hour drive, I'm slightly anxious about flying alone with a two-week-old and a two-year-old! Luckily I had lots of practice flying with Audrey, and with the Baby Bjorn carrier I think I will be okay.

Audrey has been having a little bit of a hard time with the stress of us going in and out of the hospital, but she has still been great with Lillian. She is very proud and asks to hold her every day. She says that she "will be very careful," and is so sweet. I got some good photos of the two of them together this morning. I can't wait to get them to Philadelphia where we can get her back into a routine and some stability.

Wish us luck wrapping up everything in Kentucky this week and making it to Philly on Friday!







Lillian resting with me at the hospital.


Audrey passed out on the bathroom floor while she was waiting for me to finish my shower last night. She was totally worn out and did not enjoy the shower that we had to take after she put half a bottle of hand soap in her hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment